- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Acts 5:3-4; I Corinthians 12:4-6; II Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 1:1-14)
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood. He rose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest. (Matthew 1:22-23; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-18; Romans 3:21-26; Hebrews 1:1-3, 2:7; I Peter 3:18)
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. (John 14:16-26; 16:5-11)
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. We do not accept any other testaments, documents, or revelations claiming similar divine inspiration. We consider any other such claims to be false and heretical. (Matthew 5:17-20; John 10:35; II Timothy 3:16)
- Adam and Eve were the first humans created in the image and likeness of God, male and female He created them; they both fell through disobedience, incurring both physical and spiritual death due to their disobedience. Because of this disobedience, all of humankind are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Genesis 1:26-27; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 1:18-3:20)
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him, receiving Him as personal Savior and Lord, are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God. We believe that this salvation process comes by grace, through faith alone. Works of any kind are a result of salvation, not in any way a means to it. (Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 2:38; Romans 3:21-26)
- The church consists of all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. (Matthew 28:18-20; Romans 1:4; I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:22-23)
- Part of our witness is found in how we respond and participate in society. Civil governments are of divine appointment to uphold the law and maintain good order of human society. Those in civil authority are to be prayed for and conscientiously honored and obeyed except in things contrary to the Word of God. (Romans 13:1-7; II Samuel 23:3-4; Exodus 18:21-22; Acts 4:19-20, 5:20-29, 23:5; Matthew 22:21; Daniel 3:17-18)
- The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper. (Acts 2:42-47; Acts 10:47-48; Luke 22:17-20; I Corinthians 11:23-32)
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; for the former a resurrection unto life, for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment. (Matthew 25:31-46; Hebrews 9:27)
- The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal and visible. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service. (Acts 1:9-11; Titus 2:13; I Peter 1:13; II Peter 3:11)
- God wonderfully creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Marriage was designed by God to be the life-long union of one genetic man and one genetic woman, and only within the context of such a marriage does sexual intimacy have God’s blessing. (Gen. 1:26-27; Gen. 2:20-24; Mark 10:2-9; Hebrews 13:4)
This principle, as applicable, shall govern all matters of Heart 2 Heal Idaho Corp (501c3).
The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and proper conduct, is the sole and final source of what we believe.